Skip to main content

New sewing project and other stitchy updates and a finish!

I really wanted a cute project bag to take on vacation. My mom gave me the main fabric years ago. It was leftover from a pillow blanket she made many years ago. I had the perfect fabric to go with it and off I went.  I made the large bag, a small zipper pouch, thread catcher, project mat and wrist keychain (not pictured).  Tangled progress. This is at  72.16% complete. That's 197,210 stitches down 76,070 stitches to go And I have a finish!  My travel project is complete! My Stained Glass Purple Rose is complete. It has been on several adventures but finally it's done.  This is 27,783 stitches. Started 13 Jun 2025 and finished 13 July 2026.

Wondering where I've been?

So here's just a little taste of what I've been up to in the last 3 months.  High School Drama Club musical, Girl Scout cookies, stripping wallpaper, birthdays, snow, work, and the list goes on and on. I did do a little sewing and embroidery along with some hand quilting in my "spare" time.

The sewing / embroidering / quilting

Keychains for our amazing cast, stage crew and directors

A bag to carry things back and forth from rehearsal

Finally getting to slowly hand quilt my Labyrinth quilt. Hopefully it will be done by summer

Zelda quilt was completed prior to rehearsals beginning

Drama Club (this is all new to me so it was a learning experience!)

Going to see some of the other local high school productions for inspiration

Getting panels primed and ready for our amazing artist to work her magic

A preposterous hat for our step-sisters

Set building and painting

Pretty proud of this tree

Costume alterations and embellishments with Mrs. B

And just like that it's over

Can't wait to do it all again next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Batch - Nala Se

I am so excited to be able to bring you new Bad Batch patterns!  Thank you to Sherri Roberts for testing Nala Se!! Finished size: 12" x 12" Difficulty: 3 Pattern Photo and testing by Sherri R. This pattern is free for personal and non-profit use only. Not to be used for manufacture or distribution. Sale of this pattern or quilts made from this pattern is prohibited. For my other Bad Batch and Star Wars patterns check out the page dedicated to all things Star Wars / Bad Batch .

Bonus Week 16 - Palismen

They are too cute not to include! These are all 6" blocks Flapjack (Lil' Rascal)  Difficulty: 2.5 Pattern Lil' Rascal with embroidery Chameleon Difficulty: 1 Pattern Chameleon Clover Difficulty: 1.5  Pattern Crab Difficulty: 1.5 Pattern This pattern is free for personal and non-profit use only. Not to be used for manufacture or distribution. Sale of this pattern or quilts made from this pattern is prohibited. For other Owl House block patterns please visit the  Owl House Quilt-A-Long  page.

Adventures In Raw Edge Applique

So I tried something new, raw edge applique. In hindsight I should have started with a more simple pattern. But I loved this pattern and knew my daughter would absolutely love it. Here is a link to the first video in the series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iigK0KV3-w I loved learning this technique and will incorporate it in some projects in the future. Lisa is amazing at explaining different ways to implement this technique. I highly recommend checking out her channel!